Thursday 5 January 2012


This is my front cover for my college magazine which I called 'Student Life'. I called it 'Student Life' because it portrays what the magazine is presenting. I have used a picture of a college as my background for my magazine because that is also related to what my magazine is about. By doing this, I am sticking with my target audience, which is people that attend college and who are curious about what their college has to offer such as help and guidance in subject choices or universities in the near future. My front cover presents students walking to and from their lessons; I have shown this because it is relevant in what the college magazine is about. I have used a colour scheme which represents East Norfolk Sixth Form College which is orange, black, blue and white. When doing my front cover, I decided against the idea of having a student on the cover as I came away from the stereotypical idea of having a student on a college magazine. Although the picture on my front cover isn't East Norfolk, I still think its appropriate to have any college in the background as long as it's relevant to the magazine. I have chosen to use an outstanding and and blocked font so that it catches the readers attention when seeing it. Again, I have used the college colours to represent East Norfolk.
The stories that i have chosen to put on my front cover are all related to college and the activities in what the college has to offer students. Things such as offering support to those that want to go to university; it covers everything such as course's to fees. Another story I thought would be appropriate to display on my front cover is a debate in what students think of the new college logo. This is an opportunity for students to get involved and have their say. Overall, I believe that this college magazine would benefit my target audience and students beginning or leaving college.

For my contents page, I have used the East Norfolk Sixth Form College colours for my background which is white and orange. By doing this, the reader can relate it to East Norfolk college. Like in my front cover, I have used a bold font for explaining where each story is in my contents page. The reader then knows where each story is presented in the magazine.
I'm my contents page, I am displaying four images, the ladies football team, a university, the new college logo and Professor Green. I have chosen to add these pictures in my contents page because it gives my target audience a visual view of what my magazine contains. I have added a picture of the university because it links with the front cover; also i have created a section in my magazine which is all about university advice. i decided against the idea of putting a picture of the men's college football team on my contents page because I was going to go against the stereotype of only men playing football. By displaying that East Norfolk has a ladies football team, it might encourage other girls to try it out and get involved.
By presenting Professor Green in my contents page, I'm making sure that I'm sticking with my target audience by displaying an artist that is very popular within the charts. And finally, by having a debate about the new college logo, this gives students a chance to get involved and have their say about whether they think it is good or bad.
Even though i didn't take the pictures myself, I think that I have stuck with what my target audience would be interested in and gave them plenty of relevant and different options to look at in my college magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment