Friday 30 March 2012

My Mood Boards
Mood Board 1
: section &
target audience

I believe that the images i have included in my mood board represent who my
target audience would be, and what sort of things my target audience would be
looking for in my 1060's themed music magazine. With my pictures, i wanted to
show that; even though my magazine is a music based, it also includes news and fashion. I decided to include news into my music magazine so
that people that purchase this magazine would understand what happened in the
1960's, and including fashion, people would look back and see what was
fashionable and how much it has changed over the years.
I believe that my
target audience for this magazine would be the older generation so men and women
around the age of 45+
I wanted to create a magazine that people could relate
to and look back on.

Mood Board 2 : Fonts And Colours

With this mood board, I wanted to show the different
fonts and colours I considered using when making my magazine. Because my
magazine is a 1960's bases music magazine, I was unsure of what font to use. I
experimented with different fonts in different sizes, in the end I decided to go
with a Forte font (in italics) for the masthead and contents
page, and the main cover lines around the magazine i decided to have in capitals Perpetua Titling MT which is a thin large font. I decided to use these
because I thought with the italics it would give that 60's effect, whereas the
large thin writing would stand out.
I also wanted to try out different
colours with the different fonts, I used stroke as well as used the different
effects available. With my main image on my front cover taken in the woods, so
the colours were brown and green, i needed a colour which would stand out as
well as suit the idea of a 1960's music magazine for males and females. I used
red, yellow and black as my three main colours. I didn't want to use anymore
than three colours as i thought that would make my magazine look messy and
untidy. I also thought that them three colours worked well together.

Mood Board 3: Advertise

For my magazine, i was unsure whether to
have old advertisements published in my magazine or up to date ones, however
because my magazine is based in the 1960's, i decided and found some
advertisements that have been going for years and that i thought were suitable
for my target audience and my magazine. I decided to use food and drink as my
main advertisements along with various fashion brands and car companies. I think
i have chosen a wide range of advertisements to include in my magazine, this is
a good thing as it doesn't bore the audience; they can relate to these
advertisements in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment