Wednesday 18 April 2012

Location/props/setting

I decided that i would use Fritton Woods as my location to take the photo's I needed for my front page, contents and my double page spread. Because my magazine was a 60's based magazine, i choose to write about Jimi Hendrix and highlight his life, and him at Woodstock. This is why i choose to take my photos in the woods, as it was though he was there at Woodstock getting ready to perform. I didn't really have a set costume design for my magazine, which if i think about it now, i probably should have. I added the neck scarf and tied it around his head to give the 1960's affect. If I could redo my photoshoot for my magazine, i would keep with the same location, yet i would have my model dress in a more old fashioned way, or try to dress my model similar to what Jimi Hendrix did. I used the neck scarf and the cigeratte as my props, this was just to give the effect of where he was and what was happening, also Jimi Hendrix was a smoker.
Another photo that i took was of a girls leggings. I thought that it would be good to present a picture to show the fashion section that i would have in my magazine. That picture is located on my contents page next to 'Fashion'

I used this image as part of my double page spread.
I also used three smaller photos which i placed at the top of my double page spread.
I got the idea to do that when i anaylised an article with Solange Knowles. (right)

This is the image that i used for my front cover ->

I also used a similar photo for my contents page background, along with other photos, featuring what was going to be in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment